Cuba’s Culture & Safari
Multiple dates throughout the spring break and summer of 2017
Please contact us!
Six days of endless cultural adventure in Santa Clara, Trinidad, Topes de Collantes and Ancon Reef.
This fantastic package starts at $1,050 per traveler.
Majesty Travel teams with our good friends at Your Cuba Travel to bring you a culture and safari adventure that offers a unique educational journey. Experience colonial Spanish architecture, UNESCO heritage sites, dramatic valleys, pristine beaches and untouched, rural communities that open their arms to travelers for a lifestyle interaction. The country’s political history has created a mid-century time capsule where 1950’s American autos and abandoned Soviet investment clashes, a microcosm that only exists on the island of Cuba. Explore the beautiful town of Trinidad which offers a window into the past with its sprawling colonial palaces, plazas, and the remnants of sugar mills and slave barracks from another era. Snorkel with rare aquatic life in a preserved marine ecosystem. Go on safari in historic Russian military trucks, trek and camp overnight in Cuba’s finest national park.
Trinidad’s nightlife is vibrant and unconventional. The Discoteca Ayala is a dance club in a natural cave 100’ below the earth’s surface. La Cueva (The Cave) has a total of five dance floors and three bars with a central large marble dance floor. If the beats of modern Latin music and colorful lights amongst the stalagmites and stalactites isn’t fascinating enough, at 1am performers put on a circus worthy act that includes snakes, eating broken glass, feats of strength, fire walking, and acrobatics. Casa de la Musica is a well-known live music venue off of Plaza Mayor. This favorite spot features a 10pm salsa show and music with dancing throughout the night in the casa’s rear courtyard. Las Ruinas del Teatro Brunet is a club in the roofless ruins of an 1840 vintage theater. A nightly Afro-Cuban cabaret show is a must see attraction but this venue is also a prominent showcase for the local art and music scene. La Canchánchara is a laid back spot to have a drink, relax, and listen to live music. Located in an old colonial home, you can chill and take in the historic charm and character of the bar while enjoying the house cocktail of lime, honey, and fiery aguardiente.
• Round-trip airfare to Santa Clara.
• Cuban visa processing and fee
(There is an additional fee for Cuban born travelers).
• Medical insurance while visiting Cuba.
• All airline and airport fees
(U.S. & Cuba except baggage & excess weight fees).
• Ground transportation within Cuba.
• All accommodations while visiting Cuba
(Private Bed & Breakfast and campground accommodations).
• Entrance fees when applicable.
• All gratuities are included.
• Experienced tour guides when specified in the itinerary.
• Included meals: Full breakfast made to order each morning, as well as lunches and dinners. Please advise us about any dietary restrictions or food allergies.
• Fees for theatrical or live performances outside of our tour itinerary are the responsibility of the passenger.
• Travel insurance is recommended for all travelers, in the event that they have need to cancel.
• The Originating City
(Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or Tampa):
– Lodging arrangements for travelers who do not live in the originating city can be made for an additional fee.
– We can assist clients who need travel arrangements to the originating city of the tours.
– Travelers who wish to travel to Cuba from a different city will receive a credit for the cost of the round-trip airline ticket from the tour’s originating city to Cuba.
* Arrive at Abel Santamaria, Santa Clara, Cuba. Hola, Cubita Linda. After clearing customs and getting luggage we will stop at one of the exchange stores for currency conversion.
Lunch is Included: Molino Paladar
* This afternoon we visit the Che Guevara Mausoleum. It houses the remains of revolutionary Ernesto “Che” Guevara and twenty-nine of his fellow combatants who were killed in 1967 during Guevara’s attempt to spur an armed uprising in Bolivia.
* Travel to the beautiful city of Trinidad which will be our operating town for this wonderful adventure.
* Dinner is Included: Plaza Mayor Restaurant
* After dinner we will take an educational walk through the colonial town which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. We will visit several famous bars and clubs where the Mojito, Daiquiri and Cuba Libre drinks were born.
8:30am – Breakfast at your home. During our adventure, we start every morning with breakfast where we are staying so we can interact with the group more effectively. While enjoying breakfast, the wonderful home owners will share stories of Cuban life as seen through their eyes.
* Visit to the Valle de los Ingenios (Valley of Sugar Mills) with its hiking trails, waterfalls and natural beauty. We will ride horses through this serene landscape, as we explore and enjoy its majesty.
* A climb of the Manaca Iznaga Tower (for amazing views of the Valley), home of one of the wealthiest men in Cuba as a result of slave trafficking in the 1790’s.
* Lunch is included: Traditional Cuban fare, an afternoon of full immersion into the Cuban food and cooking traditions.
* After lunch we continue to explore the Plazas and the hidden gems in the nearby communities.
* Dinner is included: Taberna La Botija
8:30am – Breakfast at your home.
9:00am – Today the Topes de Collantes Safari will begin. Rustic Russian trucks which carry us into the mountains until we reach the deepest areas of the forest where we will dismount and continue our adventure on foot. This day will be filled with refreshing waterfalls, rivers along the route and unique landscape covered with endemic flora and fauna. The beautiful “El Rocio” waterfall and “pond of the deer” are not to be missed.
* During the two day safari we will spend time in the Salto Javira, the River Caballero, and we will camp for the night (Day 3) at El Parque “El Cubano”.
* All meals will take place in the region of Topes de Collantes until our return to Trinidad at the end of Day 4.
* Dinner is Included: TBD.
7:30am – Breakfast at your home.
Today we venture to experience the pristine waters of Playa Ancon.
DEPARTURE ON THE CATAMARAN IS AT 9AM – RETURNING 4PM.
* If the catamarans are operating we can cross the bay to Cayo Blanco which is a quieter spot with friendly inhabitants – the “Dragons” (Iguanas). A day of great snorkeling and studying the biological sea-life.
* Lunch is Included: TBD.
* We will meet up in the afternoon to exchange everyone’s point of view and learning experience upon return from the Catamaran.
* Dinner is included: Café Tutti (Pizzeria and Cocktails).
8:30am – Breakfast at your home.
Prepare for departure to the Santa Clara airport.
*** Cocktails in excess of those provided in the package are the responsibility of the travelers.
Travel authorized by license through the Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) that authorizes registered guests of our programs to legally travel to Cuba to participate and engage in a full time schedule of authorized exchange activities in Cuba, which will involve meaningful interaction between travelers and people in Cuba.
A $500 deposit is required to guarantee your reservation, which will be applied towards the cost of your tour. Deposits are generally non-refundable, except in rare cases when we cannot confirm all components of a booking at the purchase price.
Any pending balance must be paid in full at least 60 days prior to departure. If your booking falls within the 60 days, payment in full is expected at the time of booking.